MBA DEI Forum
November 15th | Virtual
Your MBA is proud to announce that we will be hosting a new DE&I forum. This opportunity will allow you to connect with your peers around the industry regarding Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. DE&I is a journey we all are on whether you’re just starting out or a seasoned veteran. This forum is meant to bring us together to make the industry a more diverse and inclusive space for your teams and customers. Register here!
Upcoming ABA DEI Events
Women and Allies
Women Lead Workshops help you develop critical leadership skills. Registration is free and capped at the first 25 bankers.
- How to Foster Collaboration on Teams on Jan 10, 16, 24, & 30 Register Here
- How to Champion Change on Feb 7, 20, & 27 Register Here
Women CEO Peer Group co-hosted by ABA and Bank on Women, Inc.
- CEOs can register here for the November 27 launch
SBA/ABA Meetings re Women’s Programming
- Jan 31 at 3:00 ET I Nina Gottes of the Kentucky Bankers Association and Elissa English of the Maine Bankers Association I Register Here
Fireside Chat with Maine Banker Anna Astvatsaturian Turcotte for International Women’s Day
- March 7 at 3:00 ET I Register Here
Women and Allies Forum/ABA Washington Summit on March 18 – Save the Date
- Start talking to bank leadership about traveling to DC for this in-person event! Registration is free.
Employee Resource Groups
Everyone is welcome to attend ABA’s industry-wide ERGs. Registration is free.
Asian American Pacific Islander Bankers Employee Resource Group
- Nov 14 at 4:00 ET I Register Here
Black Bankers Employee Resource Group
- Dec 6 at 3:00 ET I Register Here
Women in Model Risk Management and Development
- Dec 13 at 3:00 ET I Register Here
ABA DEI Open Forums
- Nov 15 at 3:00 ET I Register Here
Topic: 2023 Women in the Workplace Report by McKinsey and LeanIn.org.
- Women Lead is off to a great start. These are workshops for women bankers to further develop their leadership skills. You can register for How to Inspire and Motivate Teams on December 12 at 3 ET here.
- How to Develop Strategic Perspective on December 14 at 3 ET here.
The Power of Perspective: Talk, Listen, Respect, Repeat
Michigan Chamber of Commerce brings you Nolan Finley and Stephen Henderson, Detroit journalists and founders of the Civility Project, for this interactive event as they explore how a lack of civility and respect in the workplace can be harmful to the organization and how people of opposing viewpoints can come together for healthy disagreement, personal interactions and constructive conversations.
Diversity & Inclusion in the Workplace
1 in 5 workers have experienced discrimination or unfair treatment at work. In today's workplace environment, organizations need to face a reality gap and realize more work needs to be done in this area.