mbaBanking is the award-winning official publication of the Michigan Bankers Association. Articles cover banking-related topics ranging from the latest trends and technology to community outreach efforts to new banking rules and regulations.
Send your bank's news to Alyssa Bouchard, Vice President, Communications at email@example.com.
Help Hope Make a Comeback by Alex Perry, BEST Keynote Speaker
What to Do When You Hit Send Too Soon by Alex Perry, BEST Keynote Speaker
Rising Interest Rates May Shut Some Community Banks out of FHLB Funding by Peter Blick, PCBB, BEST Conference Sponsor
Is Your Net Interest Margin a Hostage to the FOMC? By Todd Taylor and Omar Hinojosa, Managing Partners, HUB | Taylor Advisors
Empowering Community Banks by Bryan Neizelt, BCU Mortgage Services, a division of Merchants Bank of Indiana, BEST Conference Exhibitor
Your Employees Want to Organize. Now What? By Richard Warren and Danielle Mason Anderson, Miller Canfield
Thank you for Backing the MiBankPAC By Alex Morris
Robert A. Fisher - Making A Difference By Alyssa Bouchard
Banking For Beginners By Stephanie Fisher
The Horizontal, Embedded 2023 Technology Plan By Terence Roche, Cornerstone Advisors, MBA Service Corporation Endorsed Partner
Tribute to Donald B. Jeffery Sr. By Alyssa Bouchard
Current State of Banking By Alyssa Bouchard
Workforce Diversity By Jim Perry, Market Insights
HSAs, an Opportunity for Mutual Benefit By Steve Christenson, EVP, Ascensus
Advantage or Privilege?By Alonzo Kelly, Executive Coach, Professor, 3x Best Selling Author and Radio Host, Keynote Speaker Bank Management & Directors Conference
Battle Ready: Cost of Funds Strategies to Win the War By Achim Griesel and Dr. Sean Payant, Haberfeld Bank Management & Directors Conference Exhibitor and Speaker
Bet on Michigan! Team Michigan Supporting Economic Opportunities for Businesses Big and Small By Quentin L. Messer, Jr., MEDC, Economic & Business Outlook Speaker
Meet the 2022 Economic Impact Award Recipient Representative Diana Farrington
mibankers.com is now Michigan.BANK By Alyssa Bouchard, Vice President, Communications, MBA
Turn On and Turn It Up: Maximize Your MarTech By Lisa Nicholas, Vice President, Strategy, Financial Services, Vericast, MBA Service Corporation Endorsed Partner
For Community Banks, the Sun Also Rises - Solar Tax Credit Investments are Now More Accessible By Josh Miller, CEO, KeyState Renewables, MBA Service Corporation Endorsed Partners
Are You Thinking Strategically? The Bank Management and Directors Conference Recap
- How to Combat the Challenges of Working Remotely by Stephanie Fisher, MBA
- SWOT-ing at The Crisscrossing Crypto Crackdown by Compliance Alliance
- The New Cyber Risk Environment for Financial Institutions by Ahmed Al-Tawil, AON Financial Institutions Practice
- The Evolution of Cyber Threats by Jake Allen, IT Resource
- Essential Cybersecurity Best Practices by SBS Cybersecurity
- And more!
- 136th MBA Annual Convention: Lighting the Way to New Insights, New Ideas
- You Only Get One Shot by Konrad Raclawski, AVP Branch Manager, ChoiceOne Bank, Perry Schools of Banking Class President
- Your MBA Primary Voter Guide
- Get to Know Jerome Schwind, MBA Chairman, President, Isabella Bank
- Primary Relationships or Bust By Ryan Harby, StrategyCorps
- Diving into Digital Crypto Currency: What You Need to Know About Crypto By Matt Herren, CSI
- The Battle for Deposits is Heating Up: Are you Ready? By Achim Griesel and Dr. Sean Payant
- 5 Tips to Fit Professional Development into a Busy Work Schedule By Debbie Peterson, Keynote Speaker | Leadership & Career Coach | Create MORE Success with Less Sacrifice in Leadership & Life!
- Congratulations to the 2022 Financial Literacy Award Winners By Alyssa Bouchard, Director of Communications and Public Relations
- Mercantile Bank Awarded the 2022 Innovator of the Year – Grand Valley State University (GVSU) TRIO Upward Bound Financial Empowerment Program By Alyssa Bouchard, Director of Communications and Public Relations
- Banking on Justice: Leveraging Interest Rates for Growth and for GoodBy Jennifer S. Bentley, Executive Director, Michigan State Bar Foundation
- 2022 Banker of the Year Timothy Jewell By Alyssa Bouchard, Director of Communications and Public Relations
- Kudos to Tim
- Beneficial Ownership Rule—The Great UndoBy Deborah L Crawford, President of Gettechnical Inc.
- The 4 Cs of Great BankersBy Mark Trinkle, Chief Growth Officer, Anthony Cole Training Group
- C-PACE a Creative Economic Tool for Economic Development, by Todd Williams, President & General Council, Lean and Green Michigan;
- Things That Go Bump in the Night: What Will Keep Compliance Officers Awake in 2022, by Compliance Alliance;
- Onboarding - Good or Bad - is Defining Your Culture, by Joe Spivey, Learning and Development Manager, Diversity Officer, Shazam;
- 7 Steps for Prospecting & Building Relationships, by Jeni Wehrmeyer, COO/CMO Anthony Cole Training Group;
- Using Your Home Court Advantage to Grow Branch Market Share: 4 Practical Tips, by by Jinida Dorsey and Jim Heide, Dorsey & Company, Strategic Consultants to Management;
- The Banking Big Two: Cybersecurity and Resilience, by Krystal Rennie, Communications Manager, Adlumin Inc;
- Compensation: Be Proactive. Be Intentional. By Julia Johnson, Director of Organizational Performance, Wipfli, LLP.
- Make Professional Development Your New Year’s Resolution by Stephanie Fisher, SVP, Education, MBA
Economic Outlook 2022 by George Mokrzan, Ph.D., Huntington National Bank
- Top Bank Risks for 2022 by Julie Knudson
- What's on the Way for Bank Marketers in 2022 by Mark Gibson, Capitol Performance Group
- Thank You for Banking the MiBankPAC
- Compensation Issues to Consider During M&A by Michael Blanchard and Matt Brei, Blanchard Consulting Group
- Tips for Recruiting a Diverse Workforce by American Bankers Association
- Crain’s Notable Women in Banking
- And more!
Looking for advertising opportunities?
Check out the print and digital advertising options in the mbaBanking media kit.
Interested in writing an article for mbaBanking?
mbaBanking accepts submitted articles that follow the writer's guidelines. After reviewing your article, we will contact you to let you if we're interested in running the story and what issue it will appear in.