The MBA has partnered with the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan to raise awareness to help everyone in Michigan get healthier from the inside out. This means everything from giving you resources to help you make better decisions about diet and exercise, as well as information on creating and sustaining nurturing communities and successful businesses — everything you need to help create a healthier Michigan
About Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan, a nonprofit mutual insurance company, provides and administers health benefits to more than 4.5 million members residing in Michigan in addition to employees of Michigan-headquartered companies who reside outside the state. Through volunteer efforts, corporate giving, relationship building, community partnerships and sponsored events, Blue Cross invests in the communities it serves, and is dedicated to building a healthier Michigan. For more information, visit bcbsm.com and MiBluesPerspectives.com.
Blog of the month:
Michigan July Bucket List: 10 Ways to Make this Month Sizzle
It’s July and the living’s easy. Beach days, fruit and veggies from the garden, and perfect weather to explore all the popular tourist attractions and out-of-the-way spots that Michigan has to offer are just a few reasons we’re excited to kick off this hot month.
On our bucket list:
1. Head to the most quintessential summer destination in the state, Mackinac Island. Work off the fudge you eat by taking a scenic bike ride all the way around.
2. If you’re into fishing or cool historical places, Leland’s Fishtown makes for a fun day trip or extended vacation spot.
3. Like cherries? The National Cherry Festival takes place every year at the beginning of July in Traverse City. Here are some fun, family-friendly ways to enjoy the event. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan is a proud sponsor.
4. Lansing’s ARTpath is an off-the-beaten path experience for art lovers and novices alike. Plan a trip to the state capital to check it out for yourself.
5. There’s nothing like fresh-picked veggies from the garden. If you don’t have a green thumb, here’s your summer produce shopping guide to figure out what’s in season and what you can score locally at your favorite farmers market.
6. Test yourself by backpacking the gorgeous Manitou Islands. Here’s a step-by-step guide to meal planning, arranging a guide and travel and everything else you need to know.
7. Plan a day of play at the Silver Lake Sand Dunes. Check out the video below for a potential fun way to spend your day.
8. Keep it low-key by planning a barbecue or picnic. Keep the food safe by following these tips.
9. Turn your beach day into a turbo-charged workout in the sand.
10. Take advantage of summer’s slower pace and make time to recharge your mind and body.
For more information visit