Keep Us Up To Date With YOUR Financial Literacy Programs
As banks complete their strategic plans for financial literacy education in 2020, the MBA would like to help connect you with your state representative. Our team has begun building - and would like to expand - a database of our members financial literacy events complete with dates, times, and locations. By doing this, we hope to engage the appropriate State Representative or Senator (or both) to partner with the host bank.
In partnering with your local representatives, we hope to assist in elevating your message and sharing the outreach and investment you are doing in your communities.
The MBA will:
• Send an MBA staff member to help document your events;
• Assist in marketing on all MBA social media platforms;
• Create a press release after each event with direct quotes from the elected official attending the event;
• Possible media coverage of positive work you are doing in your community.
Please contact Alex Morris, Advocacy Manager, email@example.com, or Alyssa Harasim, Director of Communications and Public Relations, firstname.lastname@example.org, with information about your 2020 financial literacy events!
MBA Financial Literacy Awards
Each year, the Michigan Bankers Association recognizes member banks for their outstanding work in financial literacy. The MBA Financial Literacy Awards recognize the industry’s hard work in financial literacy education and what member banks provide their customers and communities. All MBA member banks are invited to submit an entry for one or both awards: MBA Financial Literacy Award and the Innovator Award.
Michigan banks are encouraged to submit an entry for both the Financial Literacy Award and the Innovator Award. The deadline for both awards is Friday, March 15.
View the criteria and submission guidelines here .
Congratulations to our 2019 Winners: Bank of Ann Arbor, ChoiceOne Bank, Citizens National Bank of Cheboygan, First Independence Bank, Flagstar, Independent Bank, Isabella Bank, Mercantile Bank, Sturgis Bank & Trust Company, & Thumb National Bank & Trust Company.
2019 Financial Literacy Innovator Award Winner: Isabella Bank.
If members are involved in a financial literacy program (that can be utilized by other bankers) which is not listed on the page, please contact
about adding your program to this page.
The ABA Foundation provides financial education programs and resources that help bankers make their communities better. All of the programs below offer free banker registration.
- ABA's Top 10 Tips for College Students
- Get Smart About Credit is a national campaign of volunteer bankers who work with young people to raise awareness about the importance of using credit wisely.
- Lights Camera Save! is a video contest that engages teens in educating themselves and their peers about the value of saving and using money wisely.
- Safe Banking for Seniors is a national campaign that helps older customers and their financial caregivers understand and mitigate the risks of fraud and financial abuse.
- Teach Children to Save is a national program that organizes banker volunteers to help young people develop a lifelong savings habit.
Questions? Contact ABA Community Engagement Foundation for more information.